Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mazel Tov

Thursday, January 26, 2006
MAZEL TOV!!! MAZEL TOV!!!

Where do I start? Mazel Tov! Yes, I am B"H engaged!

For all those who wondered about my long absences and sporadic online comments, I was kind of busy, lol. It actually happened sometime during the last month. I'm sure you all understand given my circumstances, that I had to wait a drop before making this official to all my blog friends and acquaintances. I have this blog as a place for me to vent and whatever, as we just discussed in the comments to the previous post, but I am not one of those girls who my friends or anyone I really know know about my blog or even that I go online that much. Then there are the many real scary people you get e-mail from. Let me say, thay are a minority, and I met like loads of real wonderful people here, people I wish I knew in real life. But you have to be aware of the other kinds of people and I decided on discretion winning out.

So though I was back more regularly recently, it was hard to put together my thoughts too well. And for those who would love to post on my “OnlySimchas page”, your best wishes are so appreciated and you can post them here. The funniest thing is that I checked, and I am not even on OnlySimchas, because my friends and crowd is like so not that type, and most do not really go online that much or have computers. So this is my place, my little secret hideaway, my home away from home.

As far as the rest. Okay, so he is B"H obviously what I hope is great for me, or I wouldn't be typing this now, right? He is most of all a mentch. He is normal. They say a serious learner (No I didn't farher him). Okay, this is real life, he is not like drop-dead-make-your-heart-race gorgeous, but he is handsome (and tall!), and has a grin that to me makes him look irresistible! He is not as worldly as I ever imagined my chosson being. I was told by a dear friend now that this is for the best because it is better for the girl to be worldly than the guy. We did talk a lot and I came to believe that he isn’t close-minded to stuff, just not as exposed and curious about stuff as I am. I ususaly have a way with words (I think), but I like couldn’t get in words what Josh (who I also just told recently) put so well, so I will use his words which I think so perfectly describe my feelings about this: “As far as your "quirks", even though your chosson seems very straight-laced, I'll bet he totally picked up on all your "naughtiness" and it's probably one of the things he likes most about you. Every Yeshiva Bochur wants a kallah with an "exciting" streak.” I don’t know if he picked up on all my naughtiness, but enough that makes me comfortable that there will be no shocks, and I do think he likes that. I know he mentioned that he likes that I am aidel and sweet without having “missed the boat.” So okay, we did it, and we’re davening for it to work out for the best!

I also appreciate the nice thoughts and comments to my long comment on my last post. I read it again, and it really should have been its own post. I guess I just started typing and it just kept going. I do hope to also write about some more important issues that seem to be out there, but I guess also about the little things that make up our lives, or at least my life. I do not know if I will have the blog up to and after my wedding IY”H. We did not discuss that yet. Yes, he does know that I have access. I didn’t feel it right not to tell him anything. He doesn’t know the first thing about blogs, so I didn’t tell him about this. But we did have a general discussion, and he seems open that like people do have to use it, but it is also dangerous which I totally agree with.

My thoughts are all muddled now, so I will just leave it at this. Just wanted to share the news with all of you. Thanks for all your input as always.

Shalom.

posted by Elisheva @ 3:07 PM

No comments: